[ROVERNET - UK] Mixture problems-resolved, sort of...

David Read defender110 at ozemail.com.au
Sun Oct 21 22:23:17 BST 2007

At higher rpm's there is less time for the energy to build up between
firings, so a high resistance (in the ignition circuit) would be a
greater problem at high speed not better.

I missed the bit about changing the coil, sorry.

I would have to go for the lower voltage at idle, but even a dynamo in
good condition should produce a maximum voltage difference between idle
and full speed between 12 to 13.8 volts.

The Kettering ignition should not be a huge burden for any electrical
system (approx 2 amps max. during dwell).
The PerTronics setup seems to be merely a Hall effect type of points
replacement with roughly the same current characteristic as points. It
just switches much faster, producing a fatter spark.

I did come across a mention of installation glitches in s Bosch dizzy.
Not sure if it may be relevant here ...
http://listarchive.type3.org/archives/1998/august/msg00097.htm

Cheers
Dave