[ROVERNET - UK] Re: rovernet Digest, Vol 58, Issue 17Solex Carb

phing phing at videotron.ca
Sun Oct 21 16:58:05 BST 2007

Hi
The best thing to do with a Solex carb is  simplty to fix it properly .So strip it , rebuild it carefully {following the boy wonder
solex sectioned drawings to understand the complexity of the accelerator pump and find the 4 mysterious glass ball valves buried
inside it  }and refit it . You then have the grand daddy of a Webber , twin chokes on a single float chamber . My P3 ran like a
steam locomotive after a comprehensive rebuild of its solex
Cheers
 Patrick