[ROVERNET - UK] Feedback on first place winner

LANCE G LACERTE, LANCE G LA CERTE lacpsyd6 at msn.com
Tue Oct 16 04:20:05 BST 2007

Hi All,

Thanks for all of the kudos regarding the car.  In response to several
questions:  I tried to keep everything as stock as possible, but the color
(as all of you afficionados know) is not a Rover color.  My ex (from whom I
inherited the car in the 80's) had it sprayed that color (It was originally
the Rover Burnt Grey).  I was told that it was close (in the 1980's) to a
blue that was used on police cars in Chicago!!!! I had to admit it was a
much more appealing color and had it re-sprayed as such.

The Centennial Rover decal (1904-2004) was kindly given to me by Ruth at
A-B-C when I bought a mess of parts in 2004. Give her a call/email and see
if she has any more.

Yes, I do drive the car, but because I rebuilt everything under that hood,
and used new seals,gaskets, I expect that it won't start leaking and
dirty-ing up the engine bay for another 200 miles (LOL).  Then it will once
again become a beloved British 'leaker'.

Cheers,

Lance La Certe    '70 3500S