[ROVERNET - UK] Mixture problems

Nathan Obuch nathanobuch at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 14 19:27:52 BST 2007

Steven,
    I don't know that I can claim to be a Rover 'guru'
but off the top of my head, I think you are dealing
with an unrelated issue... i.e. any properly
functioning ignition system should not require any
changes in the fuel mixture/carb needles/etc. A
particularly strong spark can sometimes compensate a
bit for a lean misfire, but is just masking the
mixture  issue.

   I would advise checking for any vacuum leaks you
might have introduced during the installation of the
Pertronix ignition. Check the float levels in the
carbs. Did the car run OK prior to installation of the
Pertronix?
     Are all the rest of the components in the
ignition system up to snuff? Sometimes a higher
voltage output from a 'hot' coil can  break down weak
plug wires/cap/rotor. I would also advise checking the
strength of the spark just to be sure that you are
getting a good spark and don't have a defective new
coil.

Those are my thoughts-- I'm sure some real Rover gurus
will weigh in with their ideas!

Cheers,

Nathan