[ROVERNET - UK] Re: Rough running Turmeric SD1

Glen Wilson rovercar at comcast.net
Thu Oct 11 17:40:06 BST 2007

Robert Heimerl wrote:
> Hi Michael,
>
> This recent Rovernet exhange answers my question about why
> you missed the "MG's on the Rocks" event in Maryland a
> couple of weeks ago.  Only one Rover sedan made it -- a very
> nice white P6 (French export, LHD) owned by a gentleman who
> was expecting both you and Glen to be there, too.  My own
> Turmeric SD1 was not up for the trip, either.  Maybe next
> year....

Yes, we were going to have a smaller turn out than last year, as it was,
but things imploded just before the show. Jose and Tony work together
and had to attend a colleague's wedding. That's several cars right
there! David hit complications and didn't make it up from North Carolina
(an epic trek, anyway). David once drove a TC all the way to upstate New
York for a get together. I was painting and spackling the day before our
first open house on the sale of our home. Michael, you know about. Steve
Norton actually moved back to Canada and joined the Royal Navy or
Foreign Legion or something to avoid attending!

Oh well, there's always next year. I must have been a few hours late
with my email if Jere expected Michael and me to be there. Sorry, Jere!

Eric, who was it that had the Turmeric SD1 out west? I had two Tobacco
Leaf cars and used to kid him that even Tobacco Leaf was better than
Turmeric! That was fun. If you followed the link to Michael's car that I
provided a couple of messages back, you'll see that Turmeric cars really
CAN look nice!

Glen