[ROVERNET - UK] And now, let's upset P6 lovers...

Glen Wilson rovercar at comcast.net
Thu Nov 29 01:09:33 GMT 2007

Aidrian Bridgeman-Sutton wrote:
> Poorly designed is a bit strong - remember that the assumption when
> the car was designed was that the brakes would be serviced by properly
> trained mechanics who had the necessary tools and equipment to do the
> job properly. If you have a hoist and all the proper tools and service
> a few sets of calipers every year it's not too bad;

Well, I think serviceability is a key factor in a good design. I'll bet
Rover mechanics hated doing the rear brakes, even with proper training
and the right tools. In the U.S. market, you sure couldn't trust the job
to the gas station on the corner, and that didn't help the car's
reputation and therefore sales.

At least an access panel would have helped.