[ROVERNET - UK] Eimination of the AED on a P6B ??

Aidrian Bridgeman-Sutton smokeandsteam at gmail.com
Tue Nov 20 21:04:59 GMT 2007

It's perfectly possibly to set the SUs up with the choke lever system
from a home market car and it has the benefit that it looks "factory".
This couples the two carbs so that one cable operates both jet
mechanisms

Alternatively there are manual conversions for the AED, but I'm not
sure that this would be an ideal solution as the AED is a notoriously
finicky bit of kit.

Another issue is mounting the pull knob in the cabin - cars without
the AED have a pair of knobs in the centre console one; for the  fuel
reserve tap and one for the choke. The Federal 3500S had the knob for
the reserve tap relocated to make room for the window switches and no
choke.

If you can find a choke knob from a 2000TC or SC  then it looks right
at home mounted in the fascia rail alongside the steering column -
aftermarket knobs and later BL stuff just look like a bodge job; they
just don't look like they belong.

Aidrian