[ROVERNET - UK] P6B nuts and bolts specs

Warwick Brooks warwick at regscom.com.au
Tue Nov 6 05:11:29 GMT 2007

Ah, thanks.  Important points.

With apologies to any plumbers, I've always found the following
specification useful when ordering or designing equipment or installations.

Pipeline Specifications

All pipe is to be made of a long hole, surrounded completely by metal.
All pipe is to be made hollow throughout the entire length.
The inside diameter must not exceed the outside diameter, otherwise the hole
will be on the outside and the pipe will leak.
All pipes over 250m in length should have the words "Long Pipe" printed
clearly at each end, so that the plumber will know that it is a long pipe.
Pipes over 5km in length must also have the words "Long Pipe" printed in the
middle, so that the plumber will not have to walk the entire length of the
pipe to determine whether or not it is a long pipe.
The labelling of the middle of long pipes must also face to each side so
that the plumber does not have to walk all the way around the pipe to read
the label
All pipes over 150mm in diameter must have the words "Large Pipe" painted on
them, so that the plumber will not mistake them for small pipes.
Where flanges are to be fitted, the flanges must have holes for the bolts
quite separate from the big hole in the middle.
When ordering pipe fittings from the supplier, be sure that 90 and 45 degree
elbows are specified as right-hand or left-hand otherwise you may end up
with the pipeline going the wrong way.
Do not mix screwed couplings with left or right-hand threads, otherwise as
the coupling is being screwed onto one pipe, it will be unscrewed on the
next.
Be sure to specify level, uphill or downhill pipe.
When ordering valves, remember that a red knob means hot, while a blue knob
means cold.  However a common trap for newcomers to the industry is that
some valve manufacturers use green to mean cold.

Warwick.