[ROVERNET - UK] P6B nuts and bolts specs

Vern Klukas vern at inkspotco.com
Mon Nov 5 17:47:14 GMT 2007

>Vern,
>
>Thank you for the clarification, but over the years in dismantling many
>piece of consumer gear from Japan and other far eastern countries, I am
>pretty sure that the screws (metric, of course) had straight-sided holes
>in the heads like Pozidriv, not tapered ones like Phillips.

Yes, that is the JIS Phillips variation. Usually, I think, indicated
by a single dot on the head. They ditched the tapered sides to
eliminate or reduce the cam out feature. Go figure, eh?

There is also one more Phillips-like recess, the Reed and Prince. Not
sure of the history behind it, I suspect it was an attempt to get
around the Phillips patents, as it is a US invention and does not
have the tapered sides like the Phillips. I have a screwdriver for
one, but have never seen an actual screw with that head on it.

That five sided deal I think is called "penta-drive"

Yours
Vern

--
Vern Klukas                             I'm a little . . .
Inkspot Type & Design
vern at inkspotco.com