[ROVERNET - UK] P6B Expanison tank

James Dean jaguru at bellsouth.net
Sun May 27 19:27:45 BST 2007

XKE Jaguar 1968-1971, Jaguar XJ6 1969-73, MGC 1968-1969 , and Mini CooperS
all used a flat cap with no spring, and put the release cap on the expansion
tank; which can be mounted any place; as long as it is slightly below the
level of the radiator cap. Coolant will expand and fill the expansion tank,
then return into the radiator when it is cool. These tanks were brass,and
had a mounting bracket. Some  later MG's used them, but without the flat
radiator cap. Very late cars used a similat plastic tank; which is not as
good.New brass ones are  expensive, or hard to find. I may have one; please
contact me  jaguru at bellsouth.net  , and I will put it on my eBay store, Old
English Motor Company ,for you . I put one of these on every car I
own...Thank you,James Dean, Ft. Lauderdale.