[ROVERNET - UK] Rear Brakes(Jan Tilberg)

Roger.Matheson roger.matheson at bigpond.com
Thu May 24 13:34:44 BST 2007

Hi Ben,

The rear callipers do have pistons that operate in the conventional
hydraulic manner.  The fluid transmits pressure on the pedal to the pads on
the disc.  I suspect that you have not got out all the air and that is why
the rear brakes are not working.  Try the diagnostics in reltion to the
ajusters and the tappett of the handbrake mechansim.  Assuming all is well,
turning the lever by hand will ajust up the pads relatively quickly.  Then
you can use the foot pedal technique to get the rest of the air out with a
helper.  Does your car have twin boosters?? because it is interesting that
your front brakes work while the rears do not.

Cheers
Roger Matheson