[ROVERNET - UK] Rear brake lights and hazards

Bill Robertson rover2000nut at hotmail.com
Wed May 23 01:29:55 BST 2007

Hi .......

          In answer to Eric's post ........my car does not have the floor
mounted dipswitch.........And the steering mcolumn mounted one doesn't work
the lights either but even though new does seem to have andiscerable click
to it when moved upp so i'm thinking its no good.........As for the brake
lights........i've played with different combinations with the wires but no
success.......When i bought the car it didn't have tail or signal lights but
the brake lights worked....the wiring was all wrong and the lights were all
pigtailed and spliced together............i've put in new front and rear
lights but the wires i've had to figure out myself...........I can't read a
wiring diagram and electrics are not my forte as you can all
see...........The flasher unit was also ripped out of the panel so i put a
new one in but it only works the driver side of the car............I'm
hoping someone can just tell me colour codes to look for and what they do to
get the brake lights and hazards working........If not here i'll take it to
a shop and have them look at it...........THis car was redone in 1995 but
nothing is as it seems..........and most was done wrong

Bill Robertson