[ROVERNET - UK] Re: V8 Engine Questions

Aidrian Bridgeman-Sutton smokeandsteam at gmail.com
Wed May 16 01:39:56 BST 2007

On 5/14/07, Kent Kinard <kkinard at wcc.net> wrote:
> Hi Adrian,
> Have you actually done the P6B/ZF HP22 installation?

Not yet, will see what the BW35 looks like when I pull it out and make
my mind up then. I'm torn between originality and daily usability and
that may help me make my mind up - the LT77 also remains an option.

However I corresponded at some length with someone who has done the ZF
conversion.If you don't want to mess around with widening the tunnel
the trick is to grind away some material from the  external stiffening
ribs on the transmission case ; the propshaft needs to be shortened by
about 3" (definitely a professional jobrather than a home mechnics
project) and the BW gearbox mountings moved rearwards for the ZF.

Aidrian