[ROVERNET - UK] Blown fuse

Slatskars slatskars at comcast.net
Mon May 7 03:41:37 BST 2007

Eric,

I figured that was what you were looking at, but I wanted to caution him not
to use it on the Ohm function to check current. In fact if I remember
correctly, an Amp meter must be connected in series with the circuit being
tested. I have yet to see a Multi-meter that will handle 35 amps. I prefer
to isolate the circuits, disconnect the battery and use the Ohm function.
Much less hazardous on meters.

I don't remember if I mentioned it on this network or not, but the best book
that I have ever seen on Auto electrical systems is Rick Astley's MGB
Electrical Systems. It has only been out for a few months and is available
on Amazon.com. He uses an MGB as the demonstration vehicle, but it all
applies to any car and particularly an British car with Lucas.

Slats