[ROVERNET - UK] Drain plugs & spanners

Fletcher gofanu at usachoice.net
Wed Mar 28 07:16:41 BST 2007

John-
Not too bad, but 21mm is .827, or an additional .007 large, plus the
slack and tolerance of the socket. Makes it on the high sloppy end of
things at .015 to .030 slack. It will work possibly forever if you keep
it square, but will distort the head enough that the correct tool may
not fit. It is a true delight to use a good spanner on a machined hex,
something rarely experienced in these days of mass production. Of course
it's no more important than good food, fine wine, or any other quality
thing - Rover vs Lada?
FRM.