[ROVERNET - UK] 3500S wheels

S Manwell s_manwell at alum.swarthmore.edu
Sun Mar 25 04:20:44 BST 2007

Hi Dirk,

The stud circle and size on 3500S hubs is the same as on 2000's and
SD1's.  The Rostyle wheel was an accessory for the 2000TC in the US and
it fits the 3500S too.  I haven't seen the Rostyle specifically listed
as a North American market option for the 3500S, but this wheel found
its way onto many US and UK 3500 and 3500S cars.  The Rostyle rim is
wider than the plain steel 2000 wheel, i.e. it may be the same width as
the standard 3500 wheel.

I would have thought that the Rostyle wheel was available later than the
alloy-center Magstar, but it sounds like that differs from Aidrian's
experience.  The Magnum 500 was only available on North American cars
(on Fords, Buicks, and Dodges too) -- it seems that this wheel was
offered by Rover North America until the similar-looking Rostyle became
available.

--Steve