[ROVERNET - UK] Optima Batteries

Robert Thornton R.Thornton at adelaidecitycouncil.com
Wed Mar 21 22:14:33 GMT 2007

Only heard good things about them. They are supposed to last at least
twice as long as a normal battery, 800 cca of power, no maintenance,
don't go flat for ages and can be rapidly re-charged. Only downside is
the cost, around four times as much as lead - acid batteries. I
considered one for the SD1 which I drive occasionally. However the
520cca cheap normal batteries from Sprint cost about a quarter as much
(AU$85) and I get three to four years out of them, which means four of
them will last around 10 - 12 years, longer than an Optima.  And if they
do go flat it's a simple overnight charge on the battery charger.

Rob