[ROVERNET - UK] P6 - sill fasteners

Peter Mitchell peter_m at amnet.net.au
Tue Jul 31 13:21:57 BST 2007

Hi fellow Rovernetters,

My P6B has at long last had its engine rebuild completed (re-linered to 3.9
litre) and the car is now back on the road as my daily driver.  The engine
is still running in but already I am aware of the considerable boost in
power that I have gained over my exhausted old 3.5.

I need to smarten up the fixing of the sill covers where they attach under
the vehicle.  The stout screws that run down along the body below the doors,
hold the sill covers on soundly, but underneath the car there appear to be a
series of plastic plugs that each receive a screw, and some are missing.

Right close to where I work there is a Coventrys Fasteners store, but I'd be
most grateful for a description of the item so that I can purchase a set.

Thanks in anticipation,

Peter Mitchell
P6B
Perth Australia