[ROVERNET - UK] Rover P6 Flushing Heater core in situ

Peter Mitchell peter_m at amnet.net.au
Sun Jul 29 03:08:45 BST 2007

Hi Netters,

I have been reading with interest listings about Rover P6 heaters.

My P6B's heater takes ages to work.  I disconnected the water pipes and put
compressed air through one end, and the flow of air at the other was
significantly reduced, with some small particles of sediment coming out as
well.

Before I go to the extent of removing the complete core, can anyone please
comment on the benefit of running a radiator flush through the heater core
only, to remove built up solids?

Kind regards

Peter Mitchell
Perth Western Australia