[ROVERNET - UK] Rover 2000 Ful Pump as Well

McArdle fmcardle at suffolk.lib.ny.us
Sun Jul 22 00:52:20 BST 2007

Rover P6, 4 cylinder variants( 2000 and TC) do not use SU or any other
electric pump they use an AC mechanical pump near the front of the
engine.
The correct Rover part number is 554684 and the AC number is 7971043.
The kit to rebuild them is essentially the same for Land Rover 4 cyl
engines as your car.
If the pump died suddenly you may just have a piece of dirt stuck in one
of the valves which are VERY easy to clean out once you've opened the
pump up and seperated the diaphram halves.
If you get desperate let me know and I know I have a few in stock , only
problem is that I have them packed away in storage and am not sure what
inventory box they are in . I can try.
Pete McArdle