[ROVERNET - UK] Re:Starter relays

John Burkhard burkhaj at earthlink.net
Tue Jul 3 20:35:49 BST 2007

Hi Reverend
I have looked at two Rover parts books, April 1969 and September 1974 and
one Rover service manual.  If your car was sold new in the US or Canada and
has a manual transmission there is NO relay.  If the car has an automatic
transmission, YES it has a relay located on the left fender well near the
wiring harness going to the left side head lights and horn.  If your car is
right hand drive it may have or may NOT have a relay no mater what
transmission it has.  Look for the relay to make sure of what you have.  I
hope all this helps. Take care.  jb
John Burkhard
Yucca Valley, California
1966 2000 TC