[ROVERNET - UK] Re:Starter relays

Reverend Weasel rweasel at gmail.com
Tue Jul 3 01:33:57 BST 2007

I wonder if someone would be able help me just a bit.  My 1968 2000SC
has a Lucas 6RA starter relay fitted.  Celia, at Scarborough Faire
says the relay was either originally round, or large and clunky like
an Austin Healey.

My Autopress book's wiring diagramme suggests there may not even have
been a relay, but wiring went direct to the solenoid on the starter.

Does anyone know what the original fitment might have been?  What kind of relay?
Just to make things a bit more iteresting, the coloured wiring has
perished, and I have a rat's nest of black.

Perhaps, if i can get this sorted, I can start the headstrong little beastie.