[ROVERNET - UK] KIP Motor

Kent Kinard kkinard at wcc.net
Thu Jan 11 03:03:11 GMT 2007

Hi Al,
I have known Kip and Debra Lankenau for many years.  Their shop is close
to the intersection of I-35E and I-635.  Kip's shop did all the welding
on my P5B Coupe.  I feel that I paid far too much for the work that was
done.  That being said, Kip is very knowledgible about all British cars
and has connections that boggle the mind.  If a British car part exists
on the face of the earth, Kip can get it....and you will pay handsomely
for it. A wonderful place to drop in and chat.  He is partial to Roots
Group and , as you mentioned, Metropolitans.  I believe he has the most
complete parts stock for Metropolitans of anyone.  We could add
considerably to our Rover contacts if Kip would simply share his
customer list...which he will NOT do.  The best he will do is to send
out something I prepare and supply.

The British Motor Trade Association Annual Conference is being held in
Dallas, March 2-4, with some big name folks (such as Joe Curto, John
Twist of University Motors, Kelvin Dodd of Moss Motors, etc.) teaching
tech sessions on March 3 and most suppliers spreading their wares.  Kip
will be in the big middle of it and Debra is ramrodding the whole
thing.  Open to all hobbiests.  Email me off list for registration
info.  I'd like to go but may not be able to work it into my schedule.

Roveresponsively,
Kent K.