[ROVERNET - UK] Kienzle clock regulation

Tomas Börjeson tmastaff at tripnet.se
Sat Jan 6 22:52:52 GMT 2007

Hi
These clocks are mechanical clocks with electric
winding of the spring. It's usually this
mechanism (or the spring) that breaks if they do
not work. It is possible to repair them (I've
done it) but if you can't do it yourself it may
be difficult to find someone who is willing to
try. There is a +/- adjustment on them but I
don't think you can expect much greater accuracy
then about a minute a week or so at best,
especially after a quarter century or more. It's
not a modern quartz crystal controlled electronic
movement. You could always insert a modern
movement in the old casing. You'll lose the intermittent "tick" however.

Tomas Börjeson
Gothenburg, SWEDEN
1975 Rover 2200 TC Almond Yellow
1972 Rover 3500 V8 Cameron Green