[ROVERNET - UK] Clutch Problems

Paul Smith Paul.Smith at auroraenergy.com.au
Wed Feb 28 23:26:41 GMT 2007

I have just been through a dragging P6 Clutch...

When I put it on the car, I didn't disturb the clutch.  Bad move!
It was stuck.
After reading this list, I tried freeing the plate by jamming a rod in through the timing mark hole...
Eventually I freed it by turning the crankshat via the damper bolt.
However (unknowingly) I had scored the pressure plate, and it dragged randomly from then on.  It did not matter how much throw I had on the slave (I cranked it all up).
I would Strongly recommend pulling the clutch out.

PVS