[ROVERNET - UK] 3500S hose snafu questions........long sob story

Aidrian Bridgeman-Sutton smokeandsteam at san.rr.com
Fri Feb 23 01:43:37 GMT 2007

Bill

I'll try and deal with each bit in turn=20

Do you have the owner's manual? The piping to the emissions system =
canister
is shown in that - let me know if you need a scan.=20

There are three connections to the canister. One from the centre of the =
pipe
that links the carbs goes to the centre tap on the canister, a second =
leads
from the elbow on the LH carb and goes to the canister bottom and a =
third
goes from the canister top to the air cleaner housing

>>also notice the lines to the air cleaner mixing flap valve and the =
vacuum=20
switch and the inatke manifold are missing and the manifold line is=20
capped............Do i need these hooked back up or is this just for =
warming

the engine up quicker in cooler climates(i only hope to drive it in the=20
summer LOL)<<

Not really - the flap valve was intended to keep the air at a reasonably
constant temperature for emissions control; unless you are still =
required to
keep this functioning or have a greater social conscience than I do you =
can
bypass the whole thing - the car runs a lot better on cold intake air

>>for the AED which i don't have are just left open and the rear of the
intake elbow is capped..............can i just cap these pipes which =
don't
appear to be used anymore or am i missing something<<

The AED can be removed or bypassed completely assuming you have a manual
choke installed. Any odd holes are best capped or plugged tightly tpo =
avod
vacuum leaks into the manifold.=20

Aidrian

--=20