[ROVERNET - UK] Vacuum Gauge Connection

jpsco44 at aol.com jpsco44 at aol.com
Sun Feb 11 17:48:05 GMT 2007

hi steve !

if your intention is  to monitor the manifold vacuum ( i assume ) , be
careful to tap before the check valve. if you tap after the valve , you
will be monitoring the servo vacuum instead.
the valve is fixed to the manifold , and the rubber hose attaches to it.
when i got my present 2000tc the previous owner had installed extra
gauges , and the vacuum gauge was reading the servo.
he had tapped the rubber hose going to the servo with a "T" connector.
if you did it wrong , just turn the engine off , and if the gauge still
reads vacuum you are measuring the servo.
the easiest way is to connect the gauge is in parallel with the vacuum
advance line, by bifurcating the vacuum advance port at the manifold.

do the diagnostics before you junk the gauge , it may be innocent !

JPS