[ROVERNET - UK] Rover SEII front brakes will they adapttoRover P6B

Robert Thornton R.Thornton at adelaidecitycouncil.com
Fri Feb 9 02:55:55 GMT 2007

Kent

Re "Will they fit with stock wheels?"

I believe so, if you're referring to the OE Rover mags fitted to the
higher end V8 models, but maybe not the stock steel wheels fitted to the
lower spec 4/6 cylinder versions.

There used to be some confusion about this issue, and some people did
say that you had to fit 15 inch wheels to do this brake upgrade
regardless. In the early 1980s CCC magazine did a series of articles on
improving the performance of a stock 3.5 SD1, part of which involved
fitting Vitesse brakes under the 14 inch Rover mag wheels without any
dramas.

It is however true that to do a popular Jaguar brake conversion on an
SD1 you have to go to at least 15 inch wheels.

Rob