[ROVERNET - UK] LIGHTS and brains

Paul Smith Paul.Smith at auroraenergy.com.au
Tue Feb 6 23:14:04 GMT 2007

Did you ever hit a fallen tree, or even a single branch?
Did you ever hit a rock in a rockfall area?
Or a piece of something off a truck, like a tire tread or a 10 ton
ingot, or 20 tons of rebar?
Did you ever hit a horse, cow, deer, bear, moose?
Person?

The answer is: No.  I drive within sight ability.
In bad conditions I have not used any lights that make high speed safe; I did fit QHs to the TC which improved the lighting somewhat.  Due to Rover's tendency to use Large cabling, how much voltage drop do you reckon appears at the headlights?
Having lights which alert deer is reasonably nice; an ultrasonic alerter does the same.
Here the ADRs say that nothing is to be fitted to the front of a vehicle which increases injury to people; and then licence bullbars, which are about preventing paint scratches on 4WDs... rather than switching to alerters.

PVS