[ROVERNET - UK] JB Weld

Geoff Kirkpatrick britcarnut at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 23 18:44:18 GMT 2007

In a recent thread someone mentioned JB Weld.  I've hear people rave about this stuff but I've not had good luck with it, and I'm wondering if I'm not using it correctly.  The only time it worked for me was when I used it to seal a leaky gas tank.  Whenever I've tried to use it in any application where it was subjected to even slight physical stresses, it gave way almost immediately.  I thought that epoxy adhesives were supposed to be very strong.  Am I expecting too much from it?  Is there a trick to be able to use it to actually hold things together which are going to be pushed, pulled, etc?

Geoff

"This is the final test of a gentleman: his respect for those who can be of no possible service to him."
- William Lyon Phelps

Geoff Kirkpatrick, 382 Riverside Avenue, Ben Lomond, CA 95005, USA