[ROVERNET - UK] Starter Woes/Weepy Engine Side Cover TC2000

Netspace vmitps at netspace.net.au
Sat Dec 22 05:33:02 GMT 2007

It is possible to remove them with engine in situ.
I have done it.
It is Not easy!  Rover P6...
If you have an engine lifter, go that way.
The hardest part is removing the engine mount stud things.
There is no easy way.  You have to put the 9/16 nuts back on with washers
for the large nuts to tighten against, and heave on the large nuts.
I didn't remove the oil pump, but that may have been a mistake.
They can be welded up.  You will need to pull the left one too, and remove
all the sludge.
Yes I have stainless ones on my car now.  They were made by Jimmy, Royce's
friend.
Just flat plates with the holes drilled.  This increases the water volume,
which slows warmup.
Always use a corrosion inhibitor in the water.

PVS