[ROVERNET - UK] Emergency rovernet

Eric Russell p6rovers at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 22 02:19:37 GMT 2007

Of course I fully support Dave's reminder. If the
Rovernet server fails, it goes out like a light.  No
point in asking the list what happened - it isn't
there.

How do I tell you if the company that host the
Rovernet goes out of business and turns off the server
- well,....... I can't,.......... unless you are
subscribed to the emergency network.

That is also the place where members can freely post
pictures.  You have to have a free Yahoo email account
in order to post pictures.  Did you know that you can
get a "throw-away" Yahoo account with which you
actually subscribe to anything?  If SPAM develops, you
can throw away the expendable account and set up
another.

Anyway,..... just more options from your friends
at,....the Rovernet.

Eric
List Manager
--- David Read <defender110 at ozemail.com.au> wrote:

> Hi all
> All ROVERNET citizens here should consider
> membership of the emergency
> Yahoo! group in case the server goes down. (it has
> happened in 2004 and
> 2006)
>
> Cheers
> Dave
> South Oz
>
> Kent Kinard wrote:
> > Thanks John, I think I will try what Dave has done
> first...not that I
> > have anything to post yet.
> >
> > Kent K.

Webmaster of The Rover Car Club of Canada
Website:  http://www.roverclub.ca/
Webmaster of a variety of sites from:
http://www.websrus.ca