[ROVERNET - UK] P6 interference/free running?

Ron Venter venterrh at telus.net
Tue Dec 11 06:35:09 GMT 2007

Eric:
         Ruth supplied the pistons, the normal 2000 style, but I
didn't talk to her about the "problem", because I didn't think it was
a problem. Then these fellows scared me, but they have now set my
mind at rest. Yes, the head gasket was installed at the time. At
46,000 miles your car should now be nicely run in, but even so don't
do a "Vern" on it, and keep the revs below 10,000. Many thanks, Eric,
for your input.

Vern:
         Many thanks. It's a good thing I turned the crankshaft
gently by hand. Am glad Temmie is still giving good service. How many
miles are now on the clock?

David & Nathan:
         Many thanks for your prompt replies as well. Bending those
valves must have been heartbreaking!

All the best,
                 Ron V.