[ROVERNET - UK] Identifying the year of a North American P6

Brooks restore at nbnet.nb.ca
Sun Aug 26 19:51:57 BST 2007

I would tend to agree with the forty year theory (and lots of times it
applies) but I have the very same Rover that my Dad bought brand new in 71'
and it has suttle differences...also we owned a P6B that was built in 1969
that NEVER had the below bumper signals installed from factory but it had
the nickel protective strip in the trunk to prevent scuffing while putting
items in.
 I tend to believe that Rover was a constant work in progress and some cars
came with items factory installed while others simply did not . The one
option I could never understand Rover not including in the P6B was power
door locks...That is something that always seemed to be odd to me.