[ROVERNET - UK] Battery Charging, in or out of the car

Warwick Brooks warwick at regscom.com.au
Fri Aug 17 02:28:12 BST 2007

You used to be able to buy replacement smoke on eBay, although it was for
Lucas equipment.

There are many options for that sort of gear down here from people like
Jaycar.  The more expensive units will charge a flat battery through 3
stages and finish up on trickle.  Some of the very cheap units are just for
maintenance and simply monitor battery voltage and give it a high-powered
short burst every so often.  This type usually can't charge a flat battery.

Warwick.