[ROVERNET - UK] 2000 TC carb needle valves/ MGC

Eric Russell p6rovers at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 16 06:37:51 BST 2007

Here's a picture of my HS8 carbs with the brass float
detailed.
Eric

http://websrus.ca/HS-8-carb.jpg

888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888
--- Slatskars <slatskars at comcast.net> wrote:

> Fritz,
>
> I have not heard of this one before. I know now that
> the HD-8 on P-5's have
> an extra little device, but this HS float difference
> is all new to me. I
> believe Eric, when he says that the floats are free
> on the TC units. It
> sounds very much like they used floats and
> associated needle assemblies from
> an H or HD type inside an HS float chamber??? Again
> I do not understand why,
> but then there are many things about the engineering
> of various British cars
> that I question. On of my favorite expressions when
> working on them is OTB,
> OTB (Only The British) would have designed it this
> way. As I mentioned to
> Eric in an earlier exchange, I will continue to
> pursue this and hope to
> actually see one of these buggers. I have cars with
> H, HS, HD and HIF types,
> but nothing that resembles what I am hearing about
> the 2000TC HS-8's.
>
> Slats

=== message truncated ===

Webmaster of The Rover Car Club of Canada
Website:  http://www.roverclub.ca/
Webmaster of a variety of sites from:
http://www.websrus.ca