[ROVERNET - UK] Sunroof and 700R4

Kent Kinard kkinard at wcc.net
Wed Aug 15 17:00:51 BST 2007

Peter Mitchell wrote:

>Kent,
>
>With regard to your electric sunroof, my P6B had an electric sunroof when I
>purchased it 4 years ago. It was an English after-market roof of uncertain
>manufacture that was driven by a French electric motor.
>
>I removed the roof and fitted a standard one by way of personal choice, and
>found the installation to have been quite roughly carried out.
>
>I do have a series of photographs of the sunroof with the lining removed,
>and then with the whole unit removed from the car. If this might help I
>would be pleased to send over the most illustrative.

Hi Peter,
I'm pretty sure this is a factory installation.  Hold off on the pics
until I can find out more.

I got your post concerning progress on the 700R4 conversion.  For V8's,
the simplest and cheapest route is to use one of the adapter plates
(readily available in this country) that allows installation of Chevy
patern transmissions onto BOPC patern blocks. These plates can then be
drilled for the Buick/Rover block patern and dowel location.  I have a
plate already drilled that I can use as a template, so the extra
machining shouldn't be very expensive.  If I can get it done at a shop
that uses CNC machines, they can save the coordinates and drill
individual plates as needed.

I wanted to use the BDW35 bellhousing, but some of the more recent
comments by those who have done this seem to indicate that there is room
in the P6B floor and cowl for the Chevy bellhousing.  The four cylinder
conversion is a different matter.

I'll let you know the final cost and shipping

Roverly,
Kent K.