[ROVERNET - UK] 2000 TC carb needle valves/ MGC

Nathan Obuch nathanobuch at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 15 03:22:13 BST 2007

I'm still a bit confused.

I have looked at the pictures of the HD8s and can
definitely say that's not what is on my car.

The picture of HS8s matches what I have on my car,
which also corellates to the tags on the carbs (AUD
254 front & rear) as mentioned in the Burlen fuel
systems page.

The floats are definitely completely free floating and
act on a lever which is attached to a pin at the top
of the float bowl lids.

I think I might just order the MGC needle valves and
see what happens. I'm sick of being dinged with
customs processing fees for minor parts orders from
Canada/ overseas...

Thanks to all who took the time to reply!

Nathan