[ROVERNET - UK] SU needle valve interchange MGC and P6 2000TC

Nathan Obuch nathanobuch at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 14 02:40:38 BST 2007

Greetings, Rovernetters,

I have a '69 TC with HS8 carbs (AUD254.) I am having
trouble with my float bowls overflowing...the floats
haven't sunk, so I'm pretty sure I need new needle
valves. I noticed that the MGC also uses HS8's, so I
was just thinking of ordering needle valves from
Victoria British. I also noticed that in the
illustration for the MGC, the floats are hinged to the
float bowl lids, where as on my Rover, the floats are
free floating- so I'm concerned that the needle valves
might be different.

Does anyone have a definitive answer?

Nathan