[ROVERNET - UK] SD 1 A/C

James Radcliffe j_radcliffe at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 10 17:41:32 BST 2007

>Message: 2
>Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2007 20:40:34 -0700 (PDT)
>From: flynp170 at cablelynx.com
>Subject: [ROVERNET - UK] SD 1 A/C
>To: rovernet at lyris.ccdata.com
>
>Hi Vic, where are you located? If you are in the USA I use a replacement
>refrigerant for R12. Works good and has lower head pressures than 134.
>Will dig up info if you need it, Nick

I would recommend using ES12a. http://autorefrigerants.com/  Lower head
pressures than 134a, which means longer compressor life. ES12a is
hydrocarbon based.  Has much closer pressure temp curves to R12 than R134a.
Has a higher flash point than 134a. If you want to change to 134a (from R12)
then you need to change to ester based refrigeration oil, pull a vacuum on
the system to eliminate moisture and then charge. For ES12a they recommend
not charging under a vacuum as this leads to overcharging.

James.