[ROVERNET - UK] SD1 AC Refurb

Kent Kinard kkinard at wcc.net
Fri Aug 10 02:58:26 BST 2007

Hi Vic,
The system is a Frigidaire (GM) VIR (valve in receiver)
type system with R4 compressor like most GM cars of the
late seventies.  I think if it were mine I would spend the
money and buy R12 to put in it as it sounds like it is
tight with little or no leakage. See if it will hold
vacuum.  I have never tried to convert a VIR system to
R134a and have had conflicting advise as to how difficult
it might be.  Sorry I'm not more help.  Maybe someone else
will chime in.

Roverefrigeratedly,
Kent K.