[ROVERNET - UK] original NADA 3500 S right-hand-drive !

Glen Wilson rovercar at comcast.net
Sun Aug 5 00:53:44 BST 2007

RoverP6 at gmx.de wrote:

> ebay # 260146092866
>

> Rudiger
> www.RoverP6.info

I don't doubt that this seller is legitimate, but if this car is "a
serious piece of motoring history and exceptionally rare," why not show
us more than a rusty bumper? It would be interesting to see if the gauge
cluster and other details were identical

Interesting car, but

"A re-shell is a worthy option..."

If, as suggested in the advertisement, this would also include four
doors and the sills and floors are full of holes indicating a base unit
swap, there wouldn't be all that much left of the original car. It could
certainly be a true restoration and not a replica, if done correctly.

I am fairly certain that if you reassembled a P6 in the United States
using a different base unit, it would be illegal and fraudulent to
register or sell it under the trashed base unit's VIN. If memory serves,
the VIN is stamped into the base unit to prevent just that. Not that
anyone would really care. If someone did a swap like that and ended up
with an '82 Buick Regal Grand National or an '87 GNX with a VIN that you
could trace by CarFax to a totally demolished car, you can bet their
would be some questions raised.

Glen