[ROVERNET - UK] The P4 Rover 80 is not a REAL Rover...

Winchester, Miles Miles.Winchester at ArvinMeritor.com
Thu Aug 2 02:32:05 BST 2007

Glen,

I guess there is a Rover P4 for everyone's Taste. I am a fan of the 105S
with twin carbs (my car has HD8s) overdrive, fog lights, cig lighter,
bucket seats, rim embellishers, factory larger bore exhaust and higher
compression if you lived in one of those countries that had 100 Octane
gasoline. But the Rover 80 possibly has a more modern designed OHV
engine. Just missing a couple of cylinders,

Miles

-----Original Message-----
From: rovernet-bounces at lyris.ccdata.com
[mailto:rovernet-bounces at lyris.ccdata.com]
Sent: Thursday, 2 August 2007 11:19
To: rovernet at lyris.ccdata.com
Subject: [ROVERNET - UK] The P4 Rover 80 is not a REAL Rover...

"...not a REAL Rover..." usually gets attention.

Rover 80 lovers unite!!!

I'm afraid I gave Laine the impression that the Rover 80 gets no respect

on this list. Could someone who owns and/or loves the Rover 80 tell her
what they are like? What are the virtues and vices? How about the P4
line in general?

Of course, the Rover 95 was the epitome of the P4 line, as everyone will

no doubt agree.  I know this because I had one. None of that silly
overdrive stuff or gaudy trim rings around the hub caps. Just pure
Roverness!

instructions: http://mailman.nipltd.com/mailman/listinfo/rovernet
Back-up list and photos at:
legally privileged, confidential or proprietary Information, or
information otherwise protected by law of ArvinMeritor, Inc.,
its affiliates, or third parties. This notice serves as marking of
its “Confidential” status as defined in any confidentiality
agreements concerning the sender and recipient. If you are
not the intended recipient(s), or the employee or agent
responsible for delivery of this message to the intended
recipient(s), you are hereby notified that any dissemination,
distribution or copying of this e-mail message is strictly
prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please
immediately notify the sender and delete this e-mail message
from your computer.