[ROVERNET - UK] Rover P6 speedo.

James Radcliffe j_radcliffe at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 19 05:55:22 BST 2007

>One more bit of advice, I broke a few speedo cables quite a few times back
>in 2000, so I concluded that there must be something dragging in the
>instrument cluster somewhere. I took it out and took it to Adelaide speedo
>and gauge service, and all that was wrong was that there was a bit of cable
>stub stuck in the right angle drive in the back of the unit. You could put
>new cable in, but not very far, hence it would work briefly, and then
>break.
>
>James.

I just tried to take a Smiths right angle drive to Adelaide speedo and gauge
service to have it fixed, and have found that they have closed down. It was
a spare which had sat in my boot for many years, in the hope that one day I
would have time to take it there! Oh Bugger! Where to go now for Rover
cables, right angle drive, and speedo repair?

James.