[ROVERNET - UK] p6 speedo

Eric Russell p6rovers at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 17 00:15:44 BST 2007

Larry,
I have good used right-angled drives if you need one.
My curiosity drove me to open one up a while back.
There is plug that has a wide slot in it.  It is
prevented from turning by a slight pressing at either
end of the slot.  The easiest method is a Dremel tool
to slightly "reverse" the pressing.  The plug can be
unscrewed and you can gain access to one of the gears.
 I couldn't figure out how to complete an
"undestructive" removal of the second plug for the
other gear.  I used a chisel and reclosed the "lock"
pressing afterwards.

I have about 3 speedo internel sets without the case.
They are good used, as well.  (What mileage did you
want?  ROFLMHO)

Anything you need, ask, and I'll look downstairs.

Eric