[ROVERNET - UK] Tachometer Problem

Vern Klukas vern at inkspotco.com
Mon Apr 9 21:25:48 BST 2007

If this is a series 1 car, then...

Uhmm, if either of the pickup wires (they will be white with black
tracers or white/black and white/yellow) were open, the car wouldn't
run. The wiring is such that tach equipped cars got an extension of
the coil-to-distributor  wire that running inside the cabin to a
induction loop inside the tach (on early model tachs the loop is
actually outside the case, but I digress). I would suspect the
problem is power or ground to the tach.

To confirm, one of the wires should have continuity to the
distributor (the white/yellow), its mate will then be the one
traveling to the coil.

Yours
Vern