PETER Re: [ROVERNET - UK] tough nut (and more brake woes)

McArdle fmcardle at suffolk.lib.ny.us
Sat Sep 30 22:29:27 BST 2006

Hi Peter,
   Fix this situation FAST!!And get the car running again as soon as is
possible. If you can't do the repair soon , disconnect the servo vacuum
line and get the car running and take it for a drive . Get the engine
fully warmed up.
   I have had 2 clients with the same engine as yours( 2.6litre in Land
Rover )  have their servo go away and bleed into the combustion chamber.
Both clients just parked the car and decided to deal with it later.(
couple of months) Well on start up both cars had rotted out their cylinder
heads in the cylinders closest to the vacuum inlet from the servo.
   Don't risk the same problem . Hope I helped.

Pete McArdle
Classic Racing Enterprises
Sag Harbor NY USA
Owned, 2 P6b, 1 P6(TC) 2 P5s, 3 Range Rover, 1 Freelander, 2 land Rovers (
109 & 88) Dealer and Rover shop since 1956 (I've been in the business
since 1974)