[ROVERNET - UK] P6 Tires

S Manwell s_manwell at alum.swarthmore.edu
Sat Sep 23 04:40:56 BST 2006

Gordon,

MGB's use the same size, so there should be some options out there.
Here's one:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/165R-14-RADIAL-TIRES-165-80R-14-MG-TIRES-165-15-PAIR_W0QQitemZ140033402841QQihZ004QQcategoryZ66472QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
These are inexpensive Nankang tires.

I have 185/70-14's on Rostyles on my 2000TC and they have not rubbed
anywhere with the limited use it has had so far.  I have not had a load
in the back as James talks about.  So far I have straight links in the
rear suspension, but have some kinked ones to go on when I replace the
bushings.  I think I chose 185/70 to get close to the diameter of
165/80.  They are Dunlop SP20's which I believe are obsolete now.

I have 165-80-15 tires by Kumho on another car, and they seem to be good
tires.  I don't find a 165-80-14 in their line, but they do make
185/70-14.  Do a search for that size at Tire Rack.  Like the Nankangs
(maybe the same company), they are under $40 each before shipping and
mounting.

--Steve