[ROVERNET - UK] SD1 Steering Rack ?&*%$#@

Kent Kinard kkinard at wcc.net
Thu Sep 21 23:16:09 BST 2006

Glen Wilson wrote:

> This car was sold on the U.S. market for maybe 12 or 18 months, right?
>
> And they were shipped with four different steering racks?
>
> I guess the purchasing department was making engineering decisions
> about which parts to use.
>
> The company must have been a model of efficiency at that time...
>
> Glen

There are only two in the NAS parts book.  The CamGear rack was only
fitted as a factory replacement in North America, but was evidently used
on at least some Sereies 2 LHD cars in Europe as evidenced by the
enquiry we got from Switzerland.  I think the information about the use
of AdWest racks came from Ted Schumcher or some other long lost Guru.
I'm way out on a limb with this stuff.  I wish someone else would
confirm some of it.

Rovererackedly,
Kent K.