[ROVERNET - UK] Clutch master cylinder

Eric Russell p6rovers at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 18 16:34:24 BST 2006

Steven,
That sounded like a challenge.

My method for bleeding the clutch system sometimes
involved keeping all the hydraulic pipes connected but
unbolting the clutch slave cylinder and lowering it
toward the ground.  I also have a self-bleeding screw
on the slave cylinder so I attach the rubber adapter,
the plastic pipe, and the nylon collection bottle to
the slave cylinder.  Then I go inside the car and pump
the clutch pedal about 10 or 12 times.

Then I tighten the bleed screw on the slave, undo my
fluid bleeding gear, rebolt the slave cylinder to the
gearbox, and adjust the actuating arm to
specifications.

Then, I have no trouble with the clutch.

Eric

Webmaster:
The Rover Car Club of Canada -  www.roverclub.ca